Wednesday, April 9, 2008

He's got a sensitive soul

The Bear is all boy. Running. Jumping (or should I say leaping). Twisting. Turning. Laughing. Smiling.

He's all those typical categories that are often associated with boys.

I mentioned that the Bear had a breakdown when he watched the Bee Movie recently. Even though he's all boy, he has his sensitive moments.

A couple weeks ago, we were all piled on the couch watching tv on a Saturday night. A commercial came on. It was Sarah McLaughlin singing "In the Arms of the Angel". I noticed that the Bear started to wipe his face.

Me: Bubby. What's wrong?
Bear: The animals are hurt.
Me: Does that make you sad?
Bear: Yes. The animals are all hurt. The cat has an owee on its eye.... [begins to sob]

The Hubs puts his arms around the Bear.

Me: Oh sweet boy. The animals are getting help. See the animal doctors are helping them. Okay?
Bear: Okay...

Oh my word! He was just so sad. It broke my heart. Thankfully, the Hubs didn't say a word. He just hugged the Bear tight until he calmed down. My little guy has such a sensitive side of him. At least we recognize it, so we don't make him feel bad about showing his emotions.

No comments: