Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's in the eye of the beholder

You know that saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?"

I really love that saying. We can see beauty everywhere. When I was single, I saw the world one way. When I married, my views shifted a bit. Once I had children, I often was amazed by what THEY saw.

The kids and I went to a Children's Museum the other day. And one of the things that the museum is trying to do is educate children on how to recycle. That simple things around us can be used to create art.

You see this pretty stuff?


The stuff behind the Princess?


It's an entire 3-story wall of CD's. Pretty, no?



What we also found something really neat was outside the museum.

I know these look like long plain sticks, but take a closer look.


See? Flowers!


Made of soda cans!


Spending time with my kids makes me see things differently. I'm more in awe of what's around me. And that's saying a lot for this self-professed type-A personality.

What pieces of beauty did your children point out to you this week that you wouldn't otherwise have looked twice at?

No comments: