Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just under the wire

Deadlines loom before us all the time. It's how we handle the pressure that either makes or breaks us. 

Tonight, there was a deadline that I forgot about until I was cleaning up after dinner tonight.

Since the Bear has football practice every weekday evening from 5:30 - 7:30, we get home late and eat dinner late.

By the time I finished cleaning up, showering, and finally got onto the computer it was 9:37pm. The deadline? 12pm Central -- that means 10pm Pacific.

Holy guacamole Batman!

Less than 20 minutes to get an order in?

Could I do it?

I knew I wanted a couple shirts and a couple pair of shoes. I'd seen a coat that I wanted to get the Hubs for his birthday too.

Did I make it in and finish the order before the deadline?

AAAAAHHH! ~~~ imagine Macaulay Culkin in the first Home Alone screaming

Y'all?

I made it.

Me? I was pretty amazed that I squeaked in before the deadline. When I received my confirmation number it was 9:58pm. Two minutes to spare!

Woohoo!

No comments: