Thursday, November 5, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Entry 5

I'm trying to ever-so-patiently wait for a return call.

Important, you ask?

Yes. To me.

This week I've been dealing with my hacking cough and haven't been sleeping well. Not only did I wake up on Tuesday night at 3:30am, I also woke up last night at 1:05am. [sigh] I got up drank some water, took more cough syrup, then lay on the couch so that the Hubs could have a good night's sleep.

Alas, sleeping on the couch was not the best thing for me. I never really got back to sleep the night before. I barely dozed last night. Sleep? Sleep? Where art thou? Definitely not with me!

Today I'm tired. And I've felt a bit off. Since I've been "sick" I chose not to run. The last time I ran was last Wednesday! Curses! Been way too long. So around 10am this morning, I decided to go take an easy 2-mile walk. But before I went for the walk, I decided to take my blood pressure.

Did I happen to mention that my last dose of blood pressure meds was taken on Monday morning? Yes. I spoke with my doc's nurse and she said that I could get off the meds since they didn't find anything out of the ordinary with my tests.

So I stopped taking my meds. I'm still sick. I'm not sleeping well.

My blood pressure at 10am this morning? 134/83.

Definitely NOT where it's supposed to be.

This made me even MORE motivated to go out for my walk. Maybe a good long walk would get my pressure down.

After my walk and a quick rinse? It was still high. 138/85.

So I decide that since I'm unusually tired that a nap might do the trick. I took a brief & restless snooze of about 45 minutes. My pressure post-nap at 1:30pm? 143/94.

Okay. Okay. Red bells in my head!

I called my doctor's office and left a message.

And now at 3:30pm? I'm still waiting for a return call back.

What I need to find out is if I should get back on my meds today or wait until they see me? You know?

[twittling my thumbs]

No comments: