Wednesday, September 29, 2004

My parents are coming! My parents are coming!

Found out from my sister *D* last Monday that my parents are flying in to visit us this coming Friday. Woohoo! Hopefully they bring their checkbook so they can put money down on a house. What? You don't believe me? My hubby was the one who made that joke to me. You see, I fully want them to move out here. The standard of living is so much easier than in Southern California. They'll be near my kids. This place has a small town feel (read that as country). A much different environment than they're used to but it would be a refreshing change for them. I'd call it a new beginning really. I've even got the floorplans on the subdivisions near ours all printed out.

We're having them stay in the master bedroom. This way they'll be in the BIG bed and have the bathroom all to themselves. Today I went out and bought a shower curtain & rings for the extra bathroom, which my hubby, the kids and I will use. Why did I have to buy that you ask? Because the two kiddos take a bath so we've never bought a shower curtain for that bathroom. But if my hubby and I are going to use it then we need a curtain. I also bought some good coffee filters. I've got a four cup coffee maker that came with one of those gold reuseable filters. Well, that sucker leaks grinds into the decanter all the time. So I went and bought filters so my folks won't have to deal with the grinds.

I'm really excited for them to come and see the kiddos. But they're only going to be here from Friday night (8pm) until noon on Sunday. It's not going to be a long visit since my Mom still works. Yes, my Mom still works! She's such a workaholic -- I guess that's where I get it from. But she also wants to make it to some point (I don't know what it is really) that she receives full retirement benefits. So there she goes at 66 years old still working.

Anyway, I'll tell you more about their visit by Monday. Cross your fingers so they move out here!

No comments: