Thursday, October 21, 2004

Changing family dynamics

Things are changing! Not in my household or family. It's all on my MIL's side of the family.

My hubby's godmother, my MILs favorite sister, just got laid off. She's known that her company has been downsizing for years, so as they say "the writing was on the wall." The last I heard about her is that she was contemplating moving near my MIL. Well, actually her son, his wife, & his two girls also live out this way. It would be a great new start for my hubby's godmother and her husband. All their kids are finally out of the house so they need to find a retirement home. I'm waiting to hear that they're finally going to make serious plans to move out of Chicago -- brrr...no more cold winters!

Hubby's cousin, who is only 8 months younger than my hubby, is engaged. He's been dating this one gal for about 4 years now. Since he's one of the older cousins on my MILs side there's been unspoken pressure on him to get engaged once he hit the one year mark dating this gal. No date has been set for the wedding as yet. I'm just wondering what has prompted him to get engaged now? I'm hoping the wedding won't be for another year or so. This way we can make plans to save some money to fly out and attend the festivities. He's a nice, quiet, reserved guy (like my hubby) & I'm so ecstatic for him!

Then there's the new pregnancy! My hubby's girl cousin (who is my SILs age) is pregnant for the 2nd time. Her two kiddos will be 15 months apart. Yes, that's right! FIFTEEN months apart. I guess an announcement was made at my hubby's grandparents' anniversary shin-dig last weekend. I asked my hubby if his mother asked his cousin "Was it an accident?"...pause, pause, pause..."or were you trying?" Are you in shock with that statement? Well...that's what she asked me when we announced that we were pregnant with the Bear. Yes! She actually said that to me! I almost hauled off and smacked her upside the head but I took several deep breaths in and out and let it go. Even though in my head I was screaming "BITCH!"

No comments: