Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Is he gonna sleep or what?

Right now my little guy is whining away in his crib. I put him down about 10 minutes ago (12:04pm).

I fed him his lunch (PB&J & bananas). I washed his face & hands. I changed his diaper. I had him say "bye" to his sister and had him walk himself into his room. He sat in the glider sucking on his paci while I read him one book. You'd think he'd know what was coming next & not put up a fuss, right? WRONG! I picked him up out of the glider and turned to the dresser to turn on his music CD (this happens every naptime). The kid then decides to put a deathgrip hug on me. The arms around my neck and the legs around my torso. Oy! I peel him off of me and place him gently into his crib. I put his blanket down on the mattress and say "It's time for naps, buddy. I love you. I'll see you in a little while." Then I walk out.

It's now 12:18pm. I don't hear the whining cry from his room across the house. I wonder if he's finally given up?


It's now 12:25pm...and I've turned on the monitor....

The sweet sound of SILENCE! I only hear the music of his CD playing on the monitor. Whew!

I had to get that kid to nap. And not nap ON me! That's what he did yesterday. That's what he did on Friday too. What can I say? I had to break him of that insane habit quick.


There was just another "Mommy to the rescue" moment.

The Bear started crying again at 1:10pm. Why? He'd woken himself up and couldn't find his paci. Uh-oh!

I quickly got into his room. Found him lying on his tummy just started to push himself up. I located the paci & popped it back in his mouth. He lay himself back down on his tummy. I stroked his back. I watched as he whined a little and slowly started to relax. He fell back to sleep within 5 minutes.

No comments: