Tuesday, November 23, 2004

What a mess!

I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow.

I've got to pack the stuff I need for 4 days. I've got to finish up the kiddos bags (I already got their clothing situated). You know, throw in their toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, lotions. I've also got to throw everything into hubby's truck.

But first we've got a playdate at the Princess' best girlfriend's house at 9am. Since the kiddos aren't in school tomorrow, we thought we'd get together anyway. This way it won't seem like FOREVER before they see each other again.

My largest task for tomorrow? Getting rid of some hair. This evening I tackled my eyebrows. They were a HUGE mess. I hadn't plucked in a week. It was a hideous site. I really should go in to get a quick wax job, but I don't have the time. Maybe it's just that I don't have the patience to haul my two kiddos into the saloon.

Whatever the reason, I had to spend 15 minutes going at them. You know how it is. You brush them up. You figure out a few to remove. You pluck those. You brush them up. You pluck some more. It's a tedious task. But one that you DON'T want to screw up. I'd rather take less hair out than have too much missing. We've all seen the results of that mistake. Courtney Cox & Jennifer Aniston have some nicely shaped brows. Ohh...to have regular eyebrow maintenance like actresses...only a dream!

I also have to do a major shaving job. Since the weather turned cold. Since I'm wearing full length jammie bottoms. The hair on my legs have grown! GROWN! I took my first real look at them after I finished up with my brows. There's hair all up my calves. It's terrible. I'm going to have to break out a fresh razor to get the job done. Thank goodness my hubby hasn't had a chance to check out my legs in recent days...

Now why am I going to wait until tomorrow? Because the plan is to have the playdate. Come home for lunch. Put the Bear down for a nap. Pack the truck. Take a SHOWER! Then relax until hubs gets home. I am NOT going on a six hour drive without freshening up after a playdate. I know I'll be hot and sweaty after chasing my Bear all over the place.

No comments: