Wednesday, January 12, 2005

How about a buffer?

I was almost a witness to an accident this morning.

I would have made an outstanding witness if the accident had occurred too. I'm not saying I'd be a good witness in all situations. Only for this one. Why? Because I was watching the scene closely.

I was going northbound. I slowed to a red light. The cars going westbound were on a hill. I happened to look at the cars that were in the westbound lane. Why'd I look? Because they were on an incline. They were at the top of a hill. I seem to look when folks are on a hill. Go figure.

Anyway, the westbound lane got their green light. The first car? It didn't immediately move. The truck behind it? It moved forward. Can you say mistake? Well, the first car finally started to move. BACKWARDS! It was a stick shift. Yup! You should have seen the expression on the guy driving that truck (the 2nd vehicle). His eyes looked like they were going to explode out of his head. As he saw the rear end of that first car approach him. I practically cackled with glee. Why? Because that truck shouldn't have moved one IOTA until that first car moved forward. Well, that first car finally moved forward. But you could hear the tires spinning on some loose gravel in the road. That's the worst thing to hear. Tires spinning on a hill. EEK!

But I certainly would have made a good witness this morning. Ya think?

No comments: