Saturday, January 1, 2005

New Year

I've gone and done it. I colored my hair! Yes! It's now back to ONE color. It's not a soft black. No more streaks. No more highlights. No more tell-tale roots.

Shocked the heck out of my hubby when I walked out of the master bedroom an hour after I closed the door. He thought I was putting in more highlights. Like I'd have the magical ability to do that. By myself? In less than an hour? Yeah, right! His response was "It's all one color!"

Now that my hair is officially back to it's natural color...I'll be headed to the salon tomorrow. To a salon. Not a Cost Cutters. Not a SuperCuts. No Fantastic Sam's. Go ahead. I'm sure the thoughts of SNOB have raced through a couple of your minds. I don't have ANYTHING against those places. But I only get my hair cut every 3 to 4 months. So...I splurge and go to a salon.

If I lived in the community where I grew up in, I'd go to a local place that only charges $15. Why not do that here? Because where I grew up, there are hairdressers who understand my type of hair. The people out here who charge $15 just chop my hair straight and think that's it. I need for it to have texture for it to look nice AND grow out nicely. My sister? She only pays $15 for a cut. She only pays $40 for highlights. Yes! And it looks AWESOME. But alas...I live where I live and have to pay $$$ for a fantastic haircut.

But by lunchtime tomorrow I'll have my new look ALL done. Well, the new look from the shoulders up, that is. I'm still working on my new look from the shoulders down. Remember...I have all year to accomplish THAT one.

No comments: