Thursday, February 3, 2005

February days off

So who has President's Day off?

Most folks, right? It's a normal yearly holiday. Even my husband has the day off for crying out loud!

You'd think the schools would synch up with the rest of the nation, right? Not here. Not where I live.

What?

The kids in her school district have Feb 24 & Feb 25 off (that's the Thursday and Friday after President's Day).

Why? What? Why?

That's what I was wondering. I brought this up to the director of her preschool, who laughed.

Her response? It's for RODEO DAYS.

I'm sure you're scratching your head as much as I was yesterday morning.

Apparently, the rodeo comes to town. It's a huge deal. They have a big parade in downtown and everything.

The most funny remark the director made? She said they used to have the ENTIRE WEEEK off from school.

Can you imagine? An entire week off of school because the rodeo came to town.

No comments: