Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Terms of endearment

I was watching my tape of "The Amazing Race" afternoon. I saw how Adam couldn't handle Rebecca calling him "baby". Of course, I loved her response "How about ass?" A thought came to mind after I saw the two of them.

Terms of Endearment

Now do you and your loved one have special names for each other? No one on the race seems to use anything other than "baby" or "honey".

We were out with some friends, who'd been dating a few months more than us, and they only called each other by their names. They still only call each other by their first names. Even now that they've been married 9 years.

It's weird to me. I know that once my husband I started dating, we came up with nicknames within 9 months. Somehow we just started calling each other these nicknames and they stuck. He's "Sweetie" - no explanation needed for that one. I'm "Bunny" - as in 'honey bunny'. Now, our kids have nicknames (Bear & Princess).

So is it just us that put nicknames to our loved ones? What are YOUR nicknames? Come on! SHARE!

No comments: