Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Boyfriend? Again?

deThis weekend I was informed that my younger sister has a boyfriend. Again.

She's not one of those serial daters. Hopping from one short term relationship into another. Her relationships tend to last a few years, but it just seems like she always has one.

I happened to call my older sister's house and found out that my younger sister was there. With a boy. My older sister and my BIL were meeting him for the first time. They were doing a question-answer session. I couldn't believe I was SO far out of the loop on what's going on with my younger sister. But it turns out my sister and my BIL just found out too. But my younger sister and this guy have been dating for almost 2.5 months. TWO and a half months. And we didn't know!

Turns out that my younger sister is being more cautious about starting a relationship. She's learned that she needs to take time and get to know someone before jumping into something. From what my older sister told me about the guy, my younger sister seems to have found a good one this time around.

The guy? He's less than a year younger than my sister. He's a techie (computer guy) and a large company. He's also part of a band. He grew up in a community just north of where we lived. The guy also owns some property. I don't know what kind but I'll find out once I grill my younger sister when she visits in a couple of weeks. He also coaches high school track in his spare time. Okay. Okay. Does he sound grounded or what?

I'm just pleased that she's found someone who is well into his career. He's already settled into a nice groove. He's not still in school. He's still not "finding" what he wants to do. He's still not "finding himself."

[Doing the happy dance]

I'm really happy for her. I'm happy that she's happy. I can't wait to find out all the details!


No comments: