Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Poked & prodded

About 4:30pm, I took a real good look at the kidlings.

Both were a little warm. Both looked a little worn out. What did I do? I called their pediatrician to book an early morning appointment.

I knew if I waited until the morning that I'd end up not seeing him until the afternoon. So I called before they closed and secured a 9:40am appointment. Woohoo! That meant wake-up. Breakfast. One video. Then we'd be off.

I made sure not to dose either child up before the appointment. The Princess slept fitfully and sound with hubs. The Bear? He was restless and coughing, but not as bad as the previous nights. I think that Motrin did the trick and kept his fever down longer.

The verdict from their doctor?

The Princess is fit. No fever last night before bed. No fever this morning. Just that lingering cough. But her lungs sound fine. Nothing deep down. Yeah!

The Bear? He had a fever last night -- hence the Motrin. He was warm all morning. His nose is still running clear. His cough bothers him. He woke up testy at 6:30am. NOT a good sign. The pediatrician said his lungs sound good. But he does have an ear infection. In BOTH ears. We picked up his antibiotics and went home.

He was tired all morning. He ended up falling asleep ON me before lunch for about 15 minutes. Right now at 1:50pm when he should be napping in his crib? He's complaining. He's SO tired that he should just relax and konk out. But NO! He's complaining. Dang!

No comments: