Monday, March 21, 2005

Pre-close walk through (update)

This morning we have our pre-close walk-through scheduled.

I don't know if all home builders do this. I guess with this company, they do this with all the new houses they build. They walk the new owners through the entire house to check things out. We check for anything that needs to be fixed. We're less than a week from close. This way, they can fix anything we've noticed that seems out of whack. We get to turn on all the light switches. This'll be good to figure out what switches go to the lights and which switches go to outlets (for lamp placement). They also walk us through the place to show us how things work. Like I mentioned before, I have NO idea how the microwave works. I normally handwash my dishes/pots so I'll need to figure out the dishwasher. We even got a new fangled garage opener with an outside mounted pad that we'll need to have instructions on.

I am VERY excited. I can't believe that we'll be in a house soon. I mean SOON! I've packed as much as I feel I can. The rest of the stuff that's out is stuff that we need day-to-day. But it seems like there's still so much to pack. Can you tell I'm a little stressed to?

I did have a good time picking out bedding and window treatments for the Princess room. I ended up getting some hot pink linens for her bed. The color will match both Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty. I got pillowcases for both these characters. I also have a wall sticky of Strawberry Shortcake for her closet or her door. Then I got her some white sheers with embroidered flowers on it. Yes, I did get a blackout liner to place behind the sheers. I'm going to pick up some of those rod clip things so I can push/pull the blackout liners aside more easily. The Princess only knows about the curtains (which we picked up on Saturday). She has no idea I got her new bedding! It's going to be fun seeing her expression when she sees her new room!

As for the boy? I'm still at a quandry. I'm thinking I'll get him some blackout cellular shades. I'll get them with the top-down feature so we can let in some light. I'll have it so that we have it on a loop control system so we won't have the strings hanging down - I KNOW my boy will try to play with the strings if they're dangling. I'm shying away from the curtain idea in HIS room because he likes to play hide-n-seek with them. I can just picture him 'accidentally' pulling the curtains and the rods down. My hubs would be livid if that happened.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much time I'll have to putting in updates this week. Just hope that everything works out and we close when we're expecting!

**********************************

We walked through the house. We actually walked through with the customer service rep and the construction manager. We walked through EVERY room (we wore those slip-on booties). We scanned each wall, each baseboard, each door, each ceiling, and each corner for imperfections. We found a few. Of course we did. It's all touch-ups that we found. Nothing major.

The sales representative came in later. She came with another sales rep. Turns out that the gal would be moving to another development up the road. She wanted to introduce us to the NEW sales rep that would be taking her place. A guy. A good looking young guy. I'd say he was in his mid-30s. Very fit. Had the GQ look to him. He was moving from a development much further away from the city. So this subdivision was a step up for him - closer to home.

The female sales rep introduced us to the new male sales rep. The female sales rep said that she and the other female sales rep (the one we actually worked with) checked out the house the night before. She said she HAD to bring the new sales rep in to see the house before we closed. She wanted to show him the options that we'd selected for our home. They both complimented us on everything.

FSR: "What level upgrade carpet did you select?" [she was feeling the carpet]

Me: "I really don't know."

FSR: "Wow. It's REALLY nice."

Me: "Well, the hubs got his hardwood in his den so I got whatever carpet I wanted."

FSR: "It's nice. I haven't seen anyone select this grade yet."

So everything looks right on schedule for our close! Woohoo!

No comments: