Sunday, July 24, 2005

My feet hurt!

I could NOT believe how much my feet hurt after a couple days in the city.

My ankles were creaking. The joint for my big toes were throbbing. My arches felt used up. My heels felt delicate. Even my calves and my shins were in need of a major massage!

All that aching from walking? Walking? YES!

The city was humid. Gosh awful humid. Thankfully, we'd catch a breeze from the lake. Walking in the shade wasn't bad. It was when I made a bad decision to walk on the sunny side of the street that made me feel the heat of the day.

But I did do a TON of walking. At least 4 miles a day. And it wasn't breezy walking. Since I didn't have the kiddos, I walked like I was racing. I walked with a mission. There was purpose to my gait. It was fantastic.

In all the walking, I was able to witness the beauty of the city. I was surprised to see it. Flowers were everywhere! Along this major downtown street -- "The Miracle Mile".

No comments: