Friday, July 1, 2005

Still in need of repair (update)

There's still stuff around that needs to be fixed.

Today, someone is supposed to come by and fix our master bath exhaust fan. I'm not sure WHEN the repair person is going to show up. But I made sure to turn on the fan so that it does make the weird sound. This way the repair person can HEAR what we're talking about. The last time the guys came buy they didn't bother to listen to the fan. They just opened it up and changed out what they thought was wrong.

Then there are the ongoing problems that our neighbor is having with his air conditioning. The day before yesterday, the Princess went over to the neighbor's house to play. She only stayed about an hour. I asked her why she came back so early and she said that she got hot and her back was sweaty. Turns out that their house IS warmer than ours. I was talking to my neighbor on the phone yesterday afternoon and he said that his house felt warm even after the guys came by in the morning to make some adjustments. I mentioned to him what the Princess had said. He told me that when he dropped her back at our house that he FELT the cool air escaping out of my front door. He said he felt cool just standing there. So he asked if I could come by his house to give my opinion on the temp. We keep our thermostat at 77 during the day. He said his was set at 76. I walked into their house and it did feel MUCH warmer than our house. It's weird! He's got a one-story so I'd assume that his house would be easier to cool. We then came over to my house. He walked into the door and said "AH...." My air was on and he went to the vents to check how much air was blowing. It was a LOT more than at his house. So what is he going to do? Talk to the builder again. It's just CRAZY!

The guys came & switched out the motor in the fan. It's now SUPPOSED to be fine. We'll see!

No comments: