Saturday, October 1, 2005

Isn't it pretty

I totally forgot to show you guys my sister's wedding dress. I can safely post it here since my family doesn't know I have a blog. Ha-ha!

What do you think? To tell you the truth I'm surprised she selected this dress. It's not something I would picture her in. Especially for her wedding.

As you can see it's a strapless piece with a snug bodice. Then it has a flowing skirt section with a train. A train that'll need to be bustled after the wedding ceremony. Now WHO will get underneath the back there and do it for her is a guess. I certainly will be busy with my two kidlings (who are both in the wedding). I'm already going to be sweating trying to keep the Bear settled and happy. LilSis is going to have to recruit one of her maids of honor -- since she has three of them. Can you just hear the sarcasm?

From the close-up, you can see that the bodice has lots of detailing on it. The bottom front of the skirt has the same beading/sequins along with the back part of the veil that'll skim the train. It's pretty detailed. I have no idea how much the dress costs either. I didn't want to ask. I didn't want to throw up. It's beautiful. But I'm sure it's pricey.

I'm glad I was able to see it early on. At the store, the saleslady was anticipating me crying. I guess most ladies do cry when they see their daughters, sisters, friends in their wedding gowns.

"I'm not a crier. I don't need any kleenex."

True to my word. I didn't. I just looked at it and took photos. I was so detached. It was weird. But truthfully? Even my Mom didn't cry when she saw it the week before. She just looked at LilSis and nodded. No a glimmer of a tear in her eyes. Now...how I'll be at the wedding? I don't know. I don't anticipate shedding any tears. But who knows?

No comments: