Thursday, October 6, 2005

Read a little closer

[ring-ring-ring]

Receptionist: "Hello, XXX Corporation."

Me: "Good morning. I'd like to speak with Eric So-n-So. I received an email yesterday stating I should call as soon as possible."

Receptionist: "Would you please hold?"

Me: "Sure. No problem."

La-le-la-la. La-le-la. La-le-la-la-a-a-a-a.

Receptionist: "Erin So-n-So will be out of town for the next few days. Would you like her partner's voicemail?"

Me: "That would be great."

Did you catch that?

I read the email this morning. I wrote down the person's name. Company name. Location. And TWO telephone numbers.

And I still got the name WRONG.

It was ERIN that emailed me. I read and wrote down ERIC.

I hope the receptionist didn't catch my slip up. I did say her first and last name. So I hope she just caught the last name. I hope. I hope. I hope!

No comments: