Thursday, November 3, 2005

Starting with the holiday spirit

We're at the beginning of November. And I've started my holiday cheer.

No. I haven't broken out the decorations. I've just started to spread the holiday spirit.

How you ask?

Consider this scenario: You're running off to work. You're in a hurry. You didn't have time for a leisurely breakfast at home. You go through a drive-thru. You drive up to pay. And your order has been paid for. YES! I did that for someone this morning. As I sat at the window, the order taker was giving the person behind me their total. I broke out the lose change in my car and I had enough. $2.27. I had a ton of quarters in my car from the carwash. No a lot of money. But I thought it would be a nice gesture. Cheer up the lady's day.

So pay it forward people! Get in the holiday cheer. No big stuff needed. Let someone use your grocery card when they've forgotten theirs. Hold that door open for the person 5 steps behind you. Give a friendly wave to that person you see every morning walking their dog. Or do as I did. Pay for someone's order & surprise them.

Now...what're you going to do?


No comments: