Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It's what captured their hearts

We didn't go the expensive route on gifts. For the most part. We mainly got inexpensive items for them. But stuff that we knew they'd be interested in.

The jackhammer and googles for the Bear? Instant hit. He's been wearing the googles quite a bit. That jackhammer is just about ready for a new set of batteries. Cost? Less than $5 at Tar-jay on Dec 24th.

The barn, horses, and accessories for the Princess? Instant hit. She's played with it for two days. She's incorporating all the My Little Pony items into the barn. The barn with all it's accessories? $15 at Tar-jay.

The two work-out bags? One for each of them. So they can punch the bags instead of each other? $5 and $3. But really PRICELESS! They've been pretending to fight 'bad' guys today.

I'm really glad that these inexpensive gifts have caught their attention. No flashy items. No huge technically difficult items that we had to assemble. Basic stuff.

I just had to get it all out of the boxes. HA!

But I know this type of thing won't last long. My girl is in school. My little guy in daycare. They're being exposed to things without my knowledge. They're interacting with kids who watch Nick Jr, Nickleodeon, and Cartoon Network. I know the expensive stuff will be requested anytime now. I know. But I can relish can't I? Relish in the fantasy that the thought of a gift (no matter what is inside) is awesome enough.

No comments: