Saturday, December 3, 2005

Making Mommy Laugh

Bear: "Uh oh...spaw-geh-ee-oh!"

I wonder where he learned that expression from?

****************

We were headed off to school the other morning.

Prin: "Mommy? What is your car called?"

Me: "What do you mean honey?"

Prin: "Tia's car is called a Pathfinder."

Me: "Oh. Mine is a Freestyle. That's the name of the model of the car. The manufacturer of Mommy's car is Ford. That's the name on the little oval thing in front of car."

Prin: "Oh yeah. There's a lot of cars made by that manu..."

Me: "Manufacturer."

Prin: "Manufacturer. So what's Daddy's cars manufacturer?"

Me: "Daddy's truck is manufactuered by Dodge. So is his other car."

Prin: "Really?"

Me: "Just like your Tio's car. His is a Dodge too. A Dodge Durango."

Prin: "Hmmm...Durango. Durango and mango rhyme."

That's how our conversation ended. I was too busy chuckling in my head. I mean. She didn't skip a beat when she said that.

****************

Bear: "OH NOoooo!

silence...silence...silence...

Bear: "Hewp!"

I run over and there he is. Standing with both legs through one hole of his knit shorts. He's pulled them and can't understand why it's SO TIGHT around his legs.

Me: "Bear. You have got both legs in the same hole in your shorts."

He looks at me and smiles.

Bear: "Hewp. Peas. Mommy?"

****************

My daughter LOVES doing assignments.

To keep her occupied the other day, I tore out pages from a Kindergarten activity book. I then pretended to be her teacher. I assigned her some pages to do.

She went off to her table and finished up the work.

She handed in her work. Got graded. And put the pages away in a folder.

I've gotta buy MORE of those activity books!

****************
"Soup-man!"

"Baa-man!"
You guys got it? That's SUPERMAN and BATMAN.

No comments: