Thursday, December 8, 2005

The smell of newness

My ever faithful readers know that my folks have lived in their home for over 22 years.

Yeah. It's a long, long time for today's standards. But for their generation, it's typical.

Just this year they've finally made changes to their home. Remember the changes over the summer?

Well, last week they got the flooring in all the bathrooms changed out. I think they went with more vinyl. They couldn't do tile upstairs because of the sound issue. Their house isn't soundproofed so well. So if they had tile in the bathrooms it would be mighty loud downstairs if someone would walk in the bathrooms.

This week they were having new carpeting put on the 2nd floor. The second floor has ALL the bedrooms. I'm sure it was a huge mess. Lots of dust and gunk in the air. This was the FIRST time they've had those carpets changed out. Yeah. Over 20 years of use out of that orange/brown carpet.

I don't know what the new carpet color is or what kind of pile they decided on though. I'm not going to ask either. I'll just see the results when we visit for Christmas. I'm sure the house will have that "carpet" smell still in a couple weeks. It'll be like see a whole new house. I can't wait to see it all!

No comments: