Monday, January 30, 2006

It's a happy baby dance...

Oh no...not for ME!

Did I scare you all?

Ha! One of my good friends (GF) from when the Princess was a baby is pregnant.

It took GF a long time to get pregnant with her son. Her son who is 4 days younger than the Princess.

We weren't sure if she'd ever had another baby because she had such an awful birth experience (which is a story for another day).

It was weird when I got pregnant with the Bear when the Princess was 18 months old. Turned out that our other good friend (GF2) was also pregnant. GF2 had a daughter who was 1 month older than GF's son and the Princess.

So GF2 and I were pregnant at the same time. AND we were due within 2 weeks of each other. GF was out of the loop on this one. GF was ecstatic for us though.

Turns out this pregnancy is a bit of a surprise. You see, GF turned 40 last year. So she didn't think she'd ever have another child. And they weren't trying for another either. So wham-bam...she's pregnant!

And she just found out that she's having a girl. FABULOUS!

I am so happy for GF and her husband. They are terrific parents to their son. Generous. Good hearted. I can't wait until JUNE!

No comments: