Friday, May 19, 2006

Mommy in training

Last night, we had dinner at a very prominent fast food joint. We ate dinner there because my daughter's school was having it's last fund-raiser for the year. A percentage of the money from food purchased inside from 5:30pm - 7:30pm was being given to the school. So all the parents took their kids.

We got there right on time. We were able to get a table. We ate. We purchased raffle tickets. I got a $125 carwash for $25. Ronald McD was roaming the place entertaining the kidlings. Thankfully, the Bear was NOT freaked out by this guy. The big blue fuzzy character? He was the one entertaining the kids the last time. The Bear would NOT let us put him down after he saw this big blue fuzzy thing walking around. NO WAY!

Anyway, you all know that this place has a play area. Right?

After we finished eating, one of the Princess' friends from school ran up to her.

"Princess! Princess! Let's go out there and play!"

My daughter looked at my husband. My husband looked at me. My daughter looked at me.

"Fine. Let's go."

I'm not one to let my kids go into one of those places unsupervised. Heck! There's a sign in the room that says the kids need to be supervised, right? Yeah...right.

Anyway, we start walking the direct route to the play area. Uh. No. Ronald McD was standing in the way with about 10 kids singing.

What to do? What to do?

I grab the Bear's hand and take a LONG way around. So instead of taking that straight line to the door. We walked around in a big square.

I knew the Princess would follow me. And when I turned around as I approached the play area door I saw her....

She followed me alright. And she was holding her friend's hand. Leading her friend along the route.

Did I mention that this friend is a boy? A boy who is shorter than her.

So she took care of her friend. She took care of him just like I was taking care of Bear. Hence...the title of this entry....she's a little Mommy in training.

No comments: