Saturday, June 10, 2006

A little indulgence

I bit the bullet. I bought us some.....bed linens!

Some might think it crazy. Bed linens. But the Hubs and I have been using the same few sets of inexpensive sheet sets for the last 6 years. We don't even use a comforter or blanket that's made for our king size bed. We've been working with the queen size blankets and comforter that we had when we first got married.

After we got our GIANT bed, we ended up having our kids and I wasn't working. The bed linens we had were fine. They worked. So I never bought any additional items for us.

But now?

I ordered a king-size comforter filled with goose down. A duvet cover. That's a big indulgence for me as I've always used the inexpensive comforters that didn't require any kind of protection in my eyes. A couple of nice sheet sets. AND a box spring cover. Our bed frame doesn't work well with those flouncy bed skirts. A box spring cover. Go figure! No more looking at the pattern on the box spring!

All our stuff is supposed to arrive early next week. I am SO excited! He-he-he! Excited over bed linens? Yup! I'm tickled by simple indulgences like that. I buy the kids stuff right and left without a blink of an eye but for us? Takes me FOREVER to get us something. Now finally....we get to look at a NICE bed! Woohoo!

No comments: