Thursday, June 29, 2006

No more baby...for sure...

This weekend we removed the last physical piece of babyhood from the Bear's room.

The crib/toddler bed. He's had his big boy bed for about 4 months now but that toddler bed was still wedged in the corner next to the bed.

The Hubs and I broke down the toddler bed and put the pieces up against the wall in the guest room. We plan on selling the crib at a garage sale --> whenever THAT happens.

My little guy's room looks so much more spacious. We took one of the oak sidetables from the family room. A table we weren't really using except to put old magazines on. I put that table into my Bear's room as his nightstand.

Some might say that his room is sparse. Empty.

But I think it rocks. A bedroom is for sleeping. But that's my own humble opinion. What's in his room? His full-size platform bed. His night stand. And his tall dresser. Oh yeah...and his basket of books along with his stuffed animals. That's it. Period.

Now what do you have in your children's bedrooms? Toys? Books? A bunch of stuff? Or is it bare like my little guy's?

No comments: