Saturday, June 17, 2006

Snippets for today

Today is Saturday so here are snippets from our day!


We scheduled a haircut for the Bear. I walked in to let the gal know that the Bear was there. The Bear and the Hubs sat down. The Princess and I walked out.

"Come on Daa-dee. Wets go! Come ON!"

The Bear is waving to my husband to get up and follow us.

"No Buddy. You're getting a haircut."

There was a bit of crying and complaining as I continued to walk away to grab a coffee at the Stawbucks.

The Princess and I came back to find the Bear in a chair getting his hair done.

My husband? Standing right next to the Bear. Holding his little boy chin still.

Yes. The Bear is still a little skittish when it comes to getting his hair cut. He didn't have a happy face at all. He was Mr. Blank Face.

When he finished? He looked over at me.

"Good job Buddy! You look good."

I gave him a thumbs up. He gave me a HUGE grin. And then gave me a thumbs up.


*************************

I did some decorating today. Put some of that decorative window film on some small oddly shaped windows we've got in our guest bedroom.

The windows? There are three of them. About 18 1/2 inches across. About 19 inches at the tallest section. But they've got this soft arch business at the top. And the windows are not symmetrical to the wall of the room. The left-most window is about 1.5 feet from the nearest corner. The right-most window is about 3 feet from the nearest corner. And the windows are at about 5 feet up the wall.

So you see my dilemma. Their location makes a window covering selection VERY difficult. I don't see putting a cellular shade on there for such a small window because I'd have to do an outside mount. The fact that those windows aren't symmetrical in the room just make me crazy.

Due to their location, we don't necessarily have to cover them. But the windows face Southeast so we get sun in them ALL day long.

And right now? In the summer? The sun starts coming up 4:30am. By 5:30am, the sun is streaming into that room.

So below you can see the pattern I selected. The light going in the room now is softer. More muted.

Once I put the film up on two of the windows, I could already tell that the room would be a lot cooler.

And the family? They all ended up laying on the guest bed as I installed the film on the windows.

"Maw-mee? Wha yew deeewing?"

"Mom, why are you spraying water on there?"

"Wha's dat?"

"Why are you pushing it down with that card?"

Yes. I had to answer 100 questions as I'm trying to put the stuff up. But it's up and it looks GOOD!


*************************

We went out to get me a new cell phone. Mine was not holding a charge for very long.

As I was standing there getting all the changes done to my new phone, the kids were laughing and giggling and running arund behind me. I turn around and they're using the Hubs as their personal play thing. He was standing there like a Raggedy Andy doll. They were throwing his arms up in the air and watching them fall down. The two kidlings thought this was the FUNNIEST thing.

Thank goodness the kids were having a good time while I 'took care of business'.


*************************

It was so nice being able to have an early dinner and then hang outside for a bit.

I brought out the bubbles so the kids could run around. On a mission. So they could get tuckered out!

Thankfully, we had some Gymboree bubble solution left. Those bubbles last a LONG time. Even when they land they don't pop. They'll just sit on the floor, the wall, or whatever.

The kids had a blast popping the bubbles in the air. Stomping the bubbles on the ground. AND watching the bubbles float up. Up. UP into the air until they couldn't see them anymore.

Bubbles are cheap fun.

I LOVE it!


*************************

So it was a good day. How is YOUR weekend going?

No comments: