Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Swimming - a green light

I've done it. I've signed the Princess up for swimming lessons. Remember how I was still trying to decide?

I took her with me when I filled out the forms and paid. We looked the pool over and she seemed okay with it. She seems excited about it. Thankfully the lessons start next week. She's only been home ONE day and she's already driving me batty. HA!

Anyway, on Friday my ILs picked up the kidlings and took them to their house. The kidlings spent Saturday in my ILs pool. The Bear & the Princess both wore floaties.


The kidlings' second cousins dropped by to swim. And those cousins? Those two girls are SWIMMERS! So I think that is influencing the Princess' enthusiasm for lessons. Also, I mentioned to her that if she gets more comfortable in the water and learns how to swim that NEXT summer she'll be able to swim in the pool at summer school. Something she wasn't able to do this year.

By the beginning of August, the local Y will be able to provide private lessons. I'm seriously considering signing up for that. I took lessons about 10 years ago. That's right. I took my first REAL lessons 10 years ago. And I haven't really swum since. So I'd like to get up-to-speed and comfortable in the water too.

No comments: