Thursday, August 10, 2006

And the Bear says...

There are things that the Bear says that crack me up.


At least once a week, we drive down eastbound on this one street. As we're driving eastbound, there's a place on the right that sells toolsheds.

"Mommy! Da-E! Wook! Oh-mac-donna! See? SEE!"

One of the sheds they've got next to the road? It's red. And it's painted like a barn. Get it?

"Old McDonald had a farm....E-I...E-I-O!"

***************
Since it's been raining so much the last few weeks, the flowers have decided to make an early comeback. The first ones to make an appearance?

"Mommy! Mommy! I see poo-pull FOW-ers!"

"See? I see TWO poo-pull fow-ers!"

"Wook! Wook! I see mow poo-pull fow-ers!"

That's right folks. The purple flowers were the first to bloom.

Every time we'd drive by some purple flowers he'd let me know. Just to be sure I saw them too.





***************

The Bear and the Princess go through this weird dialogue sometimes because the Bear is being possessive.

"No Prin. That's MY Da-e!"

"Okay bubby. It's your Daddy? Then that's my Mommy."

"NO. That's MY Mommy."

"Okay. If that's your Mommy. Then that's my Daddy."

"Hmmmph....NO! That's MY Da-e!"

Usually by that go-around, the Princess just walks away. She just likes to aggrevate her brother.

***************

We have a dialogue that occurs when HE puts on his shoes in the morning.

"Is this the right foot?"

"Okay buddy. The L (pointing to the letter on the back of his shoe) is for the LEFT foot (touching the big toe on his left foot)."

"Oh.....okay....this one goes on this foot?"

"Yes buddy. The R (pointing to the letter on the back of his shoe) is for the RIGHT foot (touching the big toe on his right foot)."

Happens every morning when we leave.

***************

My Bear loves bagels for breakfast. It's one of the top 3 requested items in the morning. When I do throw a bagel into the toaster and it pops up, what happens?

"It's BAGEL time!"

"Bagel time...la-la-la-la-la-la-la..."

"Bagel time...la-la-la-la-la"

He breaks out into song. Think of that tune in Blues' Clues when Blue and the gang get ready for bed? Pajama time? THAT is the tune he uses to sing.
And while he's singing? He's dancing. Shaking his booty and pumping his shoulders in rhythm.


***************


I love the fact that he is polite without having to hound him about it. PEAS and FANK YOU and BESS YOU are a part of everyday language. He's a fun little guy. Growing each day. Each week. I can see it. I can hear it in the way his vocabulary is expanding. How complex our conversations are getting. How when I point to things he KNOWS what they are.

I love and adore you my Bear-Bear!

No comments: