Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fun all around

We all had such a GOOD time the last couple of days.

The Bear enjoyed the scrimmage. By the end he was saying that he wanted to play.

"I pway foo-baw. I stwong!"

But I couldn't believe how many people showed up at the stadium. The entire lower section of one side was filled. SERIOUSLY! Normally, the team has this scrimmage up in the mountain training camp. This year they changed it to the campus. And based upon the turn-out, the Hubs thinks that they'll continue to have the game at the stadium each year.

The hotel we stayed at had the most uncomfortable beds. I felt every single spring. So I barely slept. AND the Bear woke up at his usual time even though he went to bed 2 hours later than normal. That's right folks. The kid was up at 6am. When I rolled over and looked at him in the next bed, you know what he said?

"Wook! The sun is up!"

So he and I got dressed and went out. We had a nice breakfast outside. And the wonderful staff only charged me for one meal. I got the Bear some oatmeal and he barely touched it. He likes the 1-minute outmeal where you can still see each individual oat. He doesn't like it all mushy and blended. So he ate some strawberry yogurt. I tried to convince him to eat some of my waffle.

"I don wike!"

5 minutes later he was eatting the waffles.

After breakfast we hung out at the fountain and watched the birds. And listened to the airplanes arriving and departing the airport.

It was a good time. Even though it WAS early yesterday.

What did YOU do? Anything new? Interesting? Or was it just chores and errands?

No comments: