Thursday, August 31, 2006

Laura Michael Jeffrey

If you know these names as a group then you've definitely been watching Pr0ject Runwaaaay.

I have to make some comments about last week's episode. The one where the designers created an outfit for the "everyday woman"?

Daniel's sister was a cutie and was an easy one to design for. Michael did a great job with putting more into the garment than he needed to. Making it reversible? Sheer genius. I was happy that Vincent finally won something. But Uli's Mom was a spark so she was another one who was easy to work with. I'm not sure what happened with Laura though. I thought she would have done some nice long loose pants with a tiny fitted shirt to keep with a 'cruise' feel. That high waisted pencil skirt didn't read 'cruise-wear' to me at all!

Angela's Mom was definitely creating drama. Could she just go with the flow and not complain? Granted, she wasn't enthused about the color choices that Jeffrey made but could she just keep that to herself? SEE what he was going to create for her? Jeffrey is opinionated. I'm not saying he isn't. And he can come off abrasive. But so can I. So I can tolerate him for the most part. It's not like Angela's Mom had to wear that outfit OUT in the real world. All she had to do was walk it down the runway. She didn't need to be COVERED and in the colors that SHE liked.

Jeffrey made that comment back to her at one point where she was disagreeing with him. Something like maybe other people could see something about her that's beautiful that she doesn't see. I didn't tape the show so I'm not sure of his exact wording there. But he was going to MAKE something for her and keep her preferences in mind. That's what a designer does.

The designers who made EXACTLY what their client wanted? Turned out to be the same old, same old of what those ladies normally wear. There was no DESIGNING involved really. So Jeffrey did go a little against the grain of what Angela's Mom wanted but it still wasn't what he wanted to create for her. So in this case, she wasn't happy and he wasn't happy.

I must say that she did DRIVE me BATTY! Moreso than Jeffrey's snippety behavior.

And I must say that Michael continues to create really awesome stuff. Last night's outfit? Seersucker? It was fabulous! He looked comfortable and unwrinkled when he landed. I think he's the best designer of the group. From what he's created for each week's challenges? Every style has been different.

All the other designers seem to put themselves into certain niches. Angela with her rosettes. Jeffrey has a rocker type look. Laura has the classic line, empire waisted look. Uli has the patterned fabric. Vincent.....oh Vincent. But don't you think so?

I'm really rooting for Michael. He's even keeled. He's professional. He doesn't have a bad attitude. He doesn't think he's "better" than the other designers. He's the Chloe of season 3!

No comments: