Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I've been swamped

I've been working so much that I haven't had any desire to spend any additional time on the computer. So what gets left behind? This site. Of course.

I've had about 4 nights of getting to bed at 11pm. Right after I shut down my laptop. This is after starting work at about 6:30am. That's right folks. The first set of reports I run happens at 6:30am about every day. As my reports are run, I walk off and get breakfast for the kidlings and get them ready for the day. In between tasks, I check on report status and run more reports. Around 7:30am we head out and I drop the kidlings off. I generally get home by 8:15. Once I get home? I'm banging away on my computer. Running reports. Compiling data. Sending emails. Reviewing deliverables. I head out around 2:45pm to get the kids. We get home around 3:30pm. I get them washed up and into clean clothese. I get them snacks. Then I'm back to work until dinner. We eat as a family. We clean up. If I've got a ton to do, the Hubs will take the kids outside to play. Then it's bedtime prep at 7:15pm. The kids are in bed by 8pm. Then I will get back on my laptop.

Yes. I work at home. But it's not glamorous. It's not about doing errands alone during the day while the kids are at school/daycare. It's not about going to Tarjay and the carwash. I'm usually holed up in our office. ALL DAY. Alone.

Don't get me wrong. I like my job. I like working from home. I like the fact that I don't need to get dolled up for work. You know. Heels. Dressy slacks. Makeup. I head out for the day in shorts and a tshirt. Hair in a ponytail and a little lipstick. But man! Right now I'm burnt up.

Hopefully, this weekend will be refreshing one. My sister and new brother-in-law are coming in on Friday. They'll be here to celebrate the Princess' 6th birthday. That's right. My little girl is going to have another birthday! It'll be at the park I mentioned. I rented a bouncy obstacle course thing. A lot of my daughter's friend's will be bringing their siblings. No biggie. We'll be at the park. The little ones can run around and be on the swings. I've just got to be sure we've got the "right" count so we'll have enough to drink and eat.

For now? I'll leave you now....tired. Going to bed. But I'll be sure to take photos of the celebration and share with you all.

No comments: