Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Oh where is it?

This weekend, I found a beautiful desk for the kids.

The Princess has homework each weekday and I want her to have a place other than the kitchen table to get her stuff done. It's actually an "adult" desk - not a kiddy one. If I bought one of those kiddy ones, I'd end up having to buy two of them. See, I want BOTH the kidlings to be able to use the desk at the same time. I know that when the Princess is at the desk that the Bear will want to be there too. I also want to be able to fit the kids desktop on it too. Hence....the big desk. It's about 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep. BIG desk. I'm putting it up in the kids area. The loft. So they can use it when they need to.

We scheduled delivery for today. The guys came within the delivery window. They took the box out. Opened the box. Then the head guy came back up to the front door.

Delivery Guy: Ma'am?
Me: Yes?
Delivery Guy: We're going to have to come back.
Me: Why? What's wrong?
Delivery Guy: It's damaged.
Me: Oh?
Delivery Guy: Yes. Right out of the gate.

I guess they put it down too roughly when they unloaded it and dinged up the desk. So....the kids won't have their desk today like I'd hoped. Hopefully sometime this week though.

No comments: