Tuesday, November 28, 2006

He sure is intelligent

...but he has those moments when he's not smart.

We got back from our weekend trip around 4pm on Sunday. Unpacked the car. The Hubs got the luggage in and unpacked his and the kids bags.

When we got the kids ready for bed a few hours later, I noticed something. That the luggage that the kids had used was upstairs. Why is it weird? Because that bag was filled with used clothes. I shrugged off the oddity of it and went about gathering their outfits for Monday. And found.... their dirty clothes in their drawers and hanging in their closets.

Me: Honey? Did you put all those clothes in that green duffle into the kids rooms?
Hubs: Yeah.
Me: Uh...those were their dirty clothes.
Me: What? But they were folded.
Me: Didn't all the clothes look wrinkled and a little smelly?
Me: No. I didn't notice.
Me: And you didn't notice that everything you were putting away looked REAL familiar? They wore ALL those clothes at my parents....
Me: What? Really?

Oh my gosh! He didn't notice that the shirts (mostly the Bear's) had stains on them. He didn't realize that a couple of the pants had dirt marks on them. He didn't notice that these were the clothes that the kids had worn. I had to go through the kids' closets and drawers to pull out the dirty jammies, pants, and shirts. Thankfully I'd thrown all their used socks and undies into a plastic grocery bag. Can you imagine if I hadn't? EWWW!!!

My husband is an intelligent man. He graduated cum laude when he got his Bachelor's degree. He's got a Master's in Business! But this is another example of him NOT THINKING. NOT SEEING. NOT being AWARE. Goodness!

No comments: