Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Night-time buddies

The Bear has a whole host of stuffed animals (about 10) on his bedstand, but has recently latched onto one at night.

It's a stuffed "Blue" - the one from Blue's Clues.

But this is a special stuffed Blue. This particular Blue has a sleeping back that's attached. You can actually roll the sleeping back and have it on Blue's back. Then at night, you can unroll it and put her in it. What's even MORE special about this Blue is that she's got a flashlight. That's right folks. A working flashlight.

On Friday morning, when it was still dark outside, the Bear came into our bedroom. The Hubs was already at work. The Bear came over to my side of the bed and my hand was sticking out of bed. He ran into my hand and tried to hold my hand. I didn't react. Then he left. Not 2 minutes later he was back. With Blue. He turned on the flashlight and shined it near my face. He was CHECKING to see if I was okay! Normally when he comes into our bedroom I wake up and start to cuddle him. But this time? I didn't react so he was worried and got his handy-dandy flashlight. Yes. I know. He could have turned on the lightswitch but the flashlight was so much more subtle.

So since Friday, the Sleeping Bag Blue has been his night-time buddy. I can just imagine him turning on the flashlight when he wakes up at night. How cute is that?

No comments: