Friday, December 29, 2006

Going, going, gone!

Y'all remember that my ILs house is for sale?

Not anymore!

I guess they accepted an offer today. From the people who lowballed them.

When they first put it on the market, their price was $298k. After 2 months on the market, they modified the price to $288.5.

They had someone come in 5 times. FIVE! Then they got an offer. $270. WHAT?

My ILs countered with $283. The people countered with $273. My ILs cut off any other negotiations. They walk away! After almost 3 months on the market. They walk away from their only offer.

Well...it's now Wednesday. The person came back with $280. My ILs? Took it.

The person wanted to close by January 15th. My ILs said they can't do it. That they need until January 31st.

I don't know why. All they are going to do is move into my BILs house. But my BIL can't close by the 15th. Doesn't matter, does it? All my ILs have to do is put all their stuff in one of those POD things. Move into the guest room at my BILs house. Then let my BIL close when he can. That way the deal on their house is over and done with.

But to each his own. They FINALLY sold their house. Whew!

No comments: