Sunday, February 11, 2007

Oh no...I'm not accepting that hand-off

Yesterday, the Princess was asked over for a playdate at the neighbor across the street's house (with D their daughter). I was inside at the time, as the Hubs had taken the kids out front while I finished cleaning the bathrooms. I went outside and saw the Bear and the Hubs picking up tree branches that they'd trimmed off. With the Princess gone, we hung out front and did some yard work then ventured inside.

The Bear and the Hubs lay on the couch and watched a movie together. Actually, the Hubs fell asleep while the Bear cuddled next to him watching. I started a 1000 piece puzzle in the front room.

[Ding-dong] I opened the door and found the Princess, D, O (a neighborhood girl who recently moved about 2 miles away), and D's Mom.

Princess/D/O: Hi!
Me: Oh hi!
Princess: Mommy? Can I go over into the cul-de-sac and play basketball with everyone?"
Me: Sure.
D's Mom: We wanted to make sure you knew where she was.
Me: Okay. Thanks! That'll be fine. Have fun!

I went and continued with my puzzle. Not 20 minutes later.

[Ding-dong] I opened the door and found the same crew.

Me: Oh hi again!
Princess: HI Mom!
D's Mom: Hi...is it okay if they play over here? Or is it going to be too loud?

Internally I'm frowning and confused.

Me: Actually, the Hubs is taking a nap....
D's Mom: Oh. Okay. Come on girls, let's go over back to our house.

Can you BELIEVE it? She invites MY daughter over to her house. Then tries to pass the girls over to me so they can play at MY HOUSE? Umm... I didn't invite your child over to my house. If you invite kids over to your house, then you need to keep them! If you want them to leave then you let them know that the playdate is over. DO NOT try to invite your kids over to my house. MAN!

No comments: