Saturday, April 14, 2007

Love to see my sister!

I was so busy and trying to juggle everything that I forgot to mention that my sister (BigSis#2) & her family came out this weekend.

Actually, they didn't show up until late Sunday afternoon. They left on Tuesday morning. And they didn't stay with us. They stayed in a hotel just a mile from our house. They like to spread out and they don't get to sleep until late. So they always stay at a hotel when they come out and visit.

We met up for dinner at the newly built Chili's across the street from their hotel. It was an early dinner (5:30pm) but that was so we could all finish eating and get home so the kids could play. Anyway, BigSis#2 and I sat at one end of the table. The kiddos (her 3 and my 2) sat in the middle section. The two youngedst boys sat across from each other. My oldest nephew (now 13) and my BIL sat at the far end. My sister and I had fish. I had the new spicy tilapia dish while she had salmon. She noticed that I had cilantro on mine and asked the waitress for a side. She's too funny. She threw on a bunch of cilantro on her salmon. Three of the kiddos had the SAME entree. The Bear (of course) had pizza. My oldest nephew had a huge burger as did the Hubs. But my BIL had a chicken salad! What's funny is that when our surprise dessert came, there were squeals of delight. We had that chocolate volcano thing. Just a warm chocolate cake with some ice cream on top. It was delish!

We don't see BigSis#2 and her family that often. Maybe two to three times a year. But when the kids get together they have a blast. Just as if no time has past. The girls played quietly together. Coloring. Drawing. Then they'd fly on upstairs and make a ruckus. Of course, all three boys were making tons of noise upstairs. But I didn't mind. The Bear ended up with a big bruise under his left eye. Apparently, he ran into a wall? It didn't phase him at all though. He continued to play.

Anyway, on Monday I kept the kids home. I wanted them to be able to spend quality time with their cousins. We ended up spending the morning here at the house. The painter was scheduled to finish up the Princess' wall. Then someone else was scheduled to come out and pick up the Hubs old truck. But by lunchtime we were out of here. We had lunch at a sandwich shop. I had NO IDEA my oldest nephew had such an appetite. He at a foot-long sandwich. THEN he had another 6-inch sandwich that his sister couldn't finish. The kid is 13 years old! And he is now officially taller than me! Definitely going through a major growth spurt. And eating BigSis#2 & my BIL out of house and home!

We then spent a few hours poolside at the hotel. It was an indoor pool. Small. But adequate. We were the only ones in there as it was a working day. So that was good. The Bear LOVED it! He kept to a certain route too. He'd walk down the steps. Then go in a curve around and then go up the ladder and then walk back to the steps. It was basically a repeating D-shaped pattern. Over and over again. But this kept him out of the way of the older kids. It was too cute watching him. I'll get some photos up sometime this weekend so you can see him in all his cuteness.

And the Princess? She was fine in her vest. She ended up getting cold and tired so she sat at the edge. She's just skin & bones that girl! I don't think she liked the fact that her cousins were getting 'rough' with each other. She didn't complain but she did stay out of their way.

But I love it when I see BigSis#2. We just talk and talk and talk. We do have our quiet moments but we talk about everything and nothing. You know? No holds barred. We talk without thinking. Without guarding what we say. You know how you sometimes have to select your words carefully with family? Not so with BigSis#2. Even if she does say something I don't agree with, I just let it go. No need to forgive her. No need for any of that. I just let it go.

Anyway, I just had to throw out that I LOVE my sister, my BIL, my niece & nephews. LOVE THEM!

No comments: