Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sadness overshadowing the light

The Light that the kids put into every day has been overshadowed by a sadness.

The Hubs grandmother (my MILs mom) passed away on Thursday morning. She'd broken her hip a month and a half or so ago. And she never really healed. She ended up in the hospital to receive proper care. Got a sudden infection and wasn't able to recover. We received at least a dozen calls before 11am about the situation.

This reminds me of what happened to my Grandmother 5 years ago. We (me, the Hubs and Prin who was only 1) had a fabulous Thanksgiving at my parents house. A week or so later my Grandma got sick. She ended up in an home so that she could receive 24 hour care. By New Years Day she was gone. But what I'm so grateful about is that we were able to have such a wonderful holiday with her before she got sick. I was even more grateful that I was able to fly home and see her. Talk to her. Hold her hand. Even my oldest sister was able to make it out from Wyoming. The very next day after we all arrived, she left us. But she waited until we were all together. All able to hold and support each other.

The MIL and FIL flew out there Thursday afternoon. My SIL and BIL flew out today. The Hubs will be flying out tomorrow morning. The funeral is on Monday. The 5 oldest grandsons and her 5 sons will be pall-bearers. The kids and I are staying here. We can't afford for us all to go out there. My MIL is disappointed but WE all saw the family at the wedding last year. At that fabulous celebration. Everyone was happy. Everyone was healthy. Everyone was dancing. Everyone celebrated that occasion with a positive heart. It was the last family gathering. And we were there. The Hubs and I cherish that memory. We talked about it last night. That we're thankful that we were there for that beautiful day.

No comments: