Friday, July 6, 2007

All in the name of looking decent

I normally stay up late (for me it's late) every weeknight to get extra work done. Housework sometimes. But mainly it's my office work stuff that keeps me up. Since I get to sleep late, I am not the best in the morning. So the LAST thing I want to do is get ready for the day. I know I work in my home office on my computer, but I do step out in the morning at face the world. I don't want to embarrass my kids with eye-boogies and smelly breath.

So what do I do to combat the rush-rush of getting the kids ready AND get myself ready? I get myself halfway ready at night.

I take a nice long leisurely shower at night. Shave my legs. Pluck my eyebrows. Wax other parts if necessary. But it's how I look AFTER my bath that makes the Hubs crack up. About once a week, I put on a deep-cleansing mask. You know those clay kind? Mine is a light green color. And I keep it on for about 20 - 30 minutes. Yes. THAT long! It helps draw out any kind of stuff lingering in my pours. And almost EVERY night I walk around with velcro rollers in my hair. 4 HUGE yellow ones and 2 medium blue ones.

Now that my hair is short, I have to add some body to it. I keep the rollers in my hair for an hour or more in the evening before I sleep. I pull them out before I get into bed. I don't even touch my hair after I take out the curlers. I sleep. And when I wake up? The "body" is still there. I just put some mud paste into my hair and shape it. Even if I don't have the time or effort to put on any make-up, at least my hair looks good! Seriously. Last night I didn't put the rollers in. And my hair looked HORRIBLE. It was flat. It was kinked up in the wrong place. I felt frumpy all day. Having my hair in decent shape makes me ready for the day. Add having a good hair day with a little powder and some light lipstick? I'm OFF to tackle the world.

Now what's YOUR must-have get ready routine to get you out the door? Mascara? Blush?

No comments: