Tuesday, July 24, 2007

T-minus 13 days!

The Princess starts school in 13 days!

I just looked online and her new teacher is getting her website together. Hopefully she'll get the supply list finalized and up there by Wednesday so I can buy everything before the weekend. I HATE waiting until the last minute to purchase school supplies. The Princess starts school a week earlier than the kids going to the local public schools. And when the public school kids get their lists? Tar-jay is a mess after the lists get out. UGH!

I adore going supply shopping. I actually have LOVED office supply stores since I was in college. All the paper. The books. The pencil holders. The backpacks. I could spend HOURS in an office supply store. Even when I don't need to purchase anything. So I want to take my time and get the Princess stuff during the middle of the week and the middle of the day so as not to be bustled around by other shoppers.

But I definitely am NOT going to be buying her any new school clothes. It's going to be HOT at least through mid-October. Yes. It'll stay above 85 until then. So she'll continue to wear her summer clothes. Shorts. Skirts. Capris. T-shirts. I will need to make sure her jackets fit though. And get a few long-sleeve shirts. But that's all I'm planning on doing until school starts.

Can you believe it? She'll be in SECOND grade! My little girl. She isn't so little anymore. That much is for sure. And I'm getting ready for her to start distancing herself from me. She's getting to that age. I'm bracing myself. But hopefully she won't drift away too quickly. She'll always be my little girl. Even when she's 30 years old.

No comments: