Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Happenings

Saturday was our first celebration for the Princess' 7th birthday.

We were obligated to drive up and get together with the Hubs family. Since the Hubs and the kids were going to the football game last night, then the Hubs let his mother know that we'd be by in the afternoon to hang out. We ended up having an early dinner. She ended up making spaghetti. When I heard what we were going to eat, I looked at the Hubs and said "Brian!" That was the boy who served spaghetti at his wedding reception. Anyway, I bought an ice cream cake yesterday morning and had it in a cooler. It was good. Strawberry! YUMMY!

I booked the hotel where we spent the night -- which now receives a HIGH ranking compared to the other hotels we've stayed at this year. It had TWO QUEEN BEDS! Not just the normal "full" size we've seen. It smelled nice and was clean. There was hot coffee in decanters and lemon-water available on the main floor. It was right near the freeways that we need to get to the ILs, the stadium and home. PLUS, there were stores within walking distance around the hotel. So I told the Hubs that he could take the car instead of me dropping them off and having to pick them up. It was all good. The Hubs stopped about a block away from the hotel and dropped me off -- in front of a Bed, Bath & Beyond! woohoo! And off they headed to watch football, while I headed into look at housewares. I hit about 4 stores. My evening ended hanging out at Borders drinking a decaf and reading a book. It was NICE! I could have headed about a quarter of a mile up the road to the Z-Tejas and grabbing an adult cocktail but the Borders was a quiet way to end the evening.

The Hubs and the Princess were konked out cold this morning until about 9am. Of course, the Bear was up at 7:30am (sleeping in for him), so I had to get up. We headed out to a bagel place and grabbed some food. We ate in the lobby so that the two sleepy ones could catch some extra ZZZZs. But 9am was my limit. We went up and woke them up. And then promptly changed into swimming stuff. Yes. The hotel had a pool and I felt the kids needed a treat. We only spent an hour in the pool, but that was enough. They just wanted to get into the water. The COLD water. The Princess' lips were shaking by the time she got out. We took quick rinses and were headed home by 10:30am. And it took just over an hour to hit out driveway.

It's been a fun weekend. We're all still kind of tired. The laundry is going. The Hubs is down for a nap. The kids are playing with the new Leapster games that the Princess received yesterday. And we'll eating some barbecued steak in another couple of hours. YUMMY!

And how was YOUR weekend?

**

Heard this weekend:

"Oh my gosh! I can't BELIEVE IT! Did you see that? McQueen jumped!" followed by hysterical laughter. You wouldn't have known that the Bear has seen Cars about 30 times already.

"Mom! Did you see the Bear? He's HUGE!" This comment was made by the kids' cousin when they arrived at my ILs house. They just saw the kids about 2 months ago so we all found it funny.

"What? We've going to the pool? We ARE? Wahoo!" I surprised the kidlings with their swim suits this morning (along with their swim vests).

"Mom! You're going into the pool with us? No WAY!"

No comments: