Thursday, November 22, 2007

Light it up

Yesterday, after dropping off the Princess at school (at our normal 7:30am), I decided to stop at one of our local home improvement stores.

Let me tell you folks, I kind of went crazy. For me, at least. I got some "twinkling" icicle lights for the backyard fence. I got a lighted hologram-like snowman for our 3rd garage window. I got 2 blow-up snowmen and 1 blow-up penguin for the backyard. I'm wanting to decorate our backyard because we've got "view" fencing. We've got no homes directly behind us. We've got a "natural" landscape section. I'd say it's about a 75 foot space. Then there's the street that runs up. Then there are homes on the other side of that street. So it's really open. All the cars that drive up that street can fully see our backyard. So...why not decorate it?

In the front, I'm planning on putting red and green ornaments up in our trees. Then there are the trio of lighted Christmas trees that I'll put next to our front door. Then the bulb wreath that I'll put on our security gate. I do want to string some lights up, but DANG it's a 2story house! It'll take a lot of time and effort to get clips/nails up there to secure the lights on. Our neighbors do it but the Hubs isn't that handy or keen at the prospect of getting on a ladder to do all that work. I'm like....that's what you get for wanting a 2-story house! Ay-yay-yay!

Now have you got your holiday decorations set to be put up? This weekend?

Anyway....I do hope each and every one of you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: