Thursday, April 10, 2008

I hope it's because I'm doing a good job

Wednesday morning I received a strange email. Not strange really. Just unexpected.

For my part-part-part time job, I get an email from my boss every morning. As the kidlings eat breakfast, I normally check my email and read over that day's work. No big. As I looked over my email list I saw my boss' name and I scanned to the message title.

New opportunity

What? That's not the normal message title. Opportunity?

I open up the message and it says:

A new opportunity opened up and I'd love to know if you'd be interested. Please give me a call sometime today and we'll go over it.

HA! Something opened up and he thought of me! ME!

I called him up around 10am (after my walk with the Bear). It turns out that the company assists a client in putting out a quarterly newsletter and my boss thought that I could help the client with the prep. In my head, I continued to think...me? Me?

Anyway, I have to prep & send my boss a blurb on a particular topic that he told me to write about. The client will look it over and decide if I'm the person for the job. I'm pretty excited about being in the running for this position. It's a great opportunity. Wish me luck!

No comments: