Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another sign of disrespect

I'm all riled up again about my MIL.

Sometimes I let things go immediately because I assume in my mind that it's some kind of natural slip-up. You know? But other times I can tell its an intentional snub.

About a month ago, I sent out emails to my MIL, FIL, and SIL to organize the week that the kids would be spending up with them. I made sure to get it organized in advance and in writing so that there would be no confusion. If I let the Hubs organize it, then I wouldn't know what day or time the kids would be leaving or coming back. He's like that with plans.

Hubs: Babe. I've got it all here. [points to his head]

That's fine and dandy, but how am I supposed to know about the plans and get things organized?

On Saturday, I ran into one of my neighbors "P" that I hadn't seen in ages. "P" and I talked for a bit. I mentioned how another neighbor and I had talked recently about the possibility of a neighborhood block party. So "P" and I broke out our cell calendars and figured out a date. We decided on an end of school / beginning of summer would be the best time since it wouldn't be too hot.

My task was to create fliers to distribute through the neighborhood. When I got home I took out my dayplanner and then realized the date we'd decided upon was the Sunday of Memorial weekend. A neighborhood block party on that Sunday? Not the best since a lot of people travel that weekend. So I sent her an email and she thought the next Saturday would be a good day. That would be May 31.

Fine right?

No. Not for us. The kids would be up with my ILs still. The plan was that my SIL would pick the kids up Tues, May 27, (Tues) and have them until Fri, May 30. She'd drive them to my IL who'd have them until Sun, Jun 1.

I decided to email my MIL, SIL, and FIL on Sunday afternoon to let them know of this new development -- the block party. That I wanted to modify the visit plans. That we would drive up and drop the kids on Sat, May 24, so they'd be able to have the kids for Memorial Weekend. Then my SIL would take them from Tue - Fri and drive them back home.

I had to get the discussion out there. On Sunday morning, my MIL was on the Hubs phone talking with the kids. I told the Hubs to mention the date changes to his mother but he waved me off. [grrr...] So I emailed them on Sunday afternoon.

It's now Tuesday morning. And I haven't received any emails from my MIL, FIL or SIL.

Apparently, my MIL called the Hubs yesterday at work and told him the new dates would be fine.

Huh?

What?

Now why did she call the Hubs to verbally tell him this? Why didn't she REPLY ALL to the email to ensure that we all got the message? That would have been a streamlined way to get the message out. Instead she calls the Hubs. Who would then have to tell me.

Irk anyone else? You know she gets under my skin. It's amazingly irritating when she does things like this. If someone emails you, don't you email a response back to them???

[bleah] Okay. I'll try to shake off my irritation now.

No comments: