Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Keeping busy

The kids had a fun time up with my ILs.

We have had a bunch of activities since they've been home.

Saturday, we had a neighborhood block party. We had a great turn-out. Everyone had a fun time. The kids loved the jumpcastle, the basketball hoop game, the water balloons, and the hula hoops. All of us adults got acquainted. We hung out until dark. I mean DARK. I could barely see the kids. I must have been out there about 5 hours -- including setup time. Whew!

Sunday was spent at a neighbor's birthday party. The young lady turned 8 years old. It was a swim party with all girls! The Princess and I spent all afternoon there. This was the neighbor who had her 3rd child about a month ago. The baby was born on her oldest daughter's birthday. Yes. Two of her kids are now sharing a birthday. So this young gal was having her party a month late. But she didn't care. She had a party! A SWIM PARTY!

I'm still tuckered out. I've been busy with work -- yesterday and today. I've also been trying to balance my time with the Bear. [sigh] And the Princess has been busy at the Y Day Camp.

On the job-front there's nothing going on. I did get a call yesterday but it was from a recruiter who wanted me to get back into the recruiting field. [ugh] What I didn't like about recruiting is that it was mainly commission-based AND I spent a lot of time on it. I need a steady income. I don't want to have a job that'll pull me away on weekends and nights. I know. I'm picky. But I'm still sending my info out. I'm trying!

No comments: