Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can you help out?

I found this site recently. As someone who is already registered as a bone marrow donor, I didn't think much of it when I first saw the site. But I went and browsed around...but later I realized...I couldn't get the site out of my mind.

Why? I guess because it reiterated how few Asian donors are on the list. What makes it difficult for Michelle is that she's half Chinese and half Vietnamese, so it's been extremely difficult to find a match. With my kids being half Filipino and half Hispanic, this cause hits close to home. What if my kids needed a donor? Would we be able to a match for them?

How about you? Can you take some time to find a donor drive near you to provide a sample? It only takes a few minutes. Can't find a donor drive in your area? If you live in the United States, you can get a free home test kit! Yes. It's that simple.

So if you have the time and want to do something for another person that NO ONE ELSE in the world may be able to do for them....then please take some time to consider being a donor. A source of health. A source of life.


No comments: