Monday, September 29, 2008

Cranking the tunes

When we're all in the car - the Hubs, the kids, and myself - we tend to talk.

When it's just the kids and myself in my car? We have the music on. And usually? It's either the High School Musical 1 or High School Musical 2 CD that's playing.

I hate to say it but the Princess is kind of tone-deaf. She's usually a little flat when she sings. And her transitions are usually strange (not on the beat) and definitely off-key. But she enjoys singing so I don't correct her at all. She's always having too much fun just singing.

But can I say that my son? He can sing up a storm. Yes. He can belt out a song and is basically right on the money with the notes. He even gets the "Ohhh's" and "Whoa's" in the songs. Now his words can sometimes be off, but with him being on tune? You'd never know his words are sometimes a little wrong.

So when we go to and from school? We're all singing at the top of our lungs in the car.
It's the start of something new...It feels so right to be here with you...
So the music is on and playing as soon as we back out of the garage. Together in my Freestyle. My modern station wagon. And because we're all singing? We end up being in a good mood. No time to argue. We so ROCK out. The kids and I bopping from side to side with the music.

It's nice. It's a really nice way to end our time together in the morning. A good way to send them off to school. With their blood flowing from singing and with smiles on their faces.

No comments: