Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We got it! We got it!

I picked up that darn Wii yesterday before I got the kids from school.

They have NO IDEA that Santa will be leaving a Wii under the Christmas tree this year.

They are going to be SO surprised!

Of course, the Hubs is happy that we were able to get one. I mean, he looked at Best B** and didn't find anything. At Best B** he spoke with an employee who worked in the section and he said that he didn't know when a shipment would be coming in. And when the Hubs asked if they had a waitlist, the employee said they didn't do that. No customer service at all. Go figure.

Luckily I hooked us up with a great place -- my local Blockbuster! They have an AWESOME team working there. All the employees smile and look at you when they're chatting with you. Really GOOD people. And that's why I continue to regularly get things from this location.

Now you see the difference between the two stores? One has great customer service. The other place has horrible service. So the place that has positive employees and a good atmosphere receives more business from me. The other place will no longer be visited. Seriously. That's the way it is.

In this kind of economical climate, businesses need to distinguish themselves from other places. And here locally? If you have good customer service that will totally separate you from all the regular places. Around here, it seems that people don't have pride in their work. Everything is done slowly. Everything is done poorly. Drives me crazy! C-R-A-Z-Y!!!

During our drive home on Sunday we stopped by a fast-food place. I noted that there were a few dirty tables and the one trash can was filled to the brim. While we ate at one of the clean tables, one of the employees went around the eating area. This person wiped down two tables and then went back behind the counter. One of the tables that was wiped? Wasn't wiped down very well. It still had shmutz on it. How do I know? Because I was in the very next table. This person didn't do anything about the full trash can. AND there were about 3 other dirty tables that weren't attended to. WTF? If you're going to go out into the lobby, then CLEAN it. I know what I'm talking about. I worked at Mickey D's for a year. And I did the lobby a LOT. It doesn't take much skill to go through the lobby in a circular manner and wipe down tables. Then take out the trash. It's SIMPLE! Argh!

Now do YOU go out of your way to visit stores/restaurants that give you great customer service?

No comments: